Want a slice of the action at one of the best known brands out there? Pizza Hut is seeking a Chief Digital and Technology Officer (CDTO) to run operations for its UK delivery business -- which makes up almost 50% of Pizza Hut Europe’s sales, with over 80% orders coming online. We're making it our latest Job of the Week.
The new Pizza Hut CDTO will oversee an ecommerce platform, a new ePoS (point of sales) system, and driver tracking and "other tools and systems intended to make the customer experience easy" with a mandate to "sets out the enterprise strategy for technology and defines the future releases, accounting and balancing business drivers, supplier roadmaps, project dependencies and technical constraints" for ongoing digital transformation.
Pizza Hut says: "Your goal will [include]... helping us complete our digital transformation, ensuring the overall tech stack works seamlessly for the benefit of the customer and the teams in store. You will focus on creating new value through the smart use of digital tools, platforms, technologies, services, and processes."
The job is one for someone with ambition and will include some "working outside of traditional, core hours with the wider teams across Yum" -- that's Pizza Hut's owner and th world’s largest restaurant company (spanning nearly 43,000 restaurants in over 140 countries including brands like KFC and Taco Bell amongst others.)
Yum! Brands was named to the 2021 Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and was ranked on Newsweek’s list of 2021 America’s Most Responsible Companies and in 2022, Yum! Brands was named to 3BL Media’s 100 Best Corporate Citizens. To give a sense of its scale, Yum! broader digital sales hit $22 billion in 2021, up 25% year-on-year "and demonstrating a more permanent shift to these channels" as it said in its 2021 annual report. Pizza Hut says it is looking for someone with:
- Extensive experience in technology leadership, ideally in a number of senior roles within E-Commerce or other Fast-paced Tech and Digital Organizations
- Solid knowledge of development, testing, agile methods, data, integrations service desk processes and protocols
- Knowledge and experience covering enterprise and/or solution architecture.
- A pragmatic planner, able to broker effective agreements between diverse parties.
- Initiative and drive for self-development beyond company assisted training and mentoring; active in the training and mentoring of others
- Relationship-building skills – and ability to gain influence with key stakeholders (such as franchisees) in order to drive data-driven decisions.
- Strong teamworking ethos that fits the Global Pizza Hut working culture and values.
- Initiative and drive for self-development beyond company assisted training and mentoring; active in the training and mentoring of others.
The company appears to have a mature approach to technology including cybersecurity, with its CISO and CTO regularly briefing its audit committee and board of directors, information security and privacy modules included in its mandatory onboarding, regular penetration testing, "both by internal and external resources, of our information security defenses", and "table-top exercises with senior leaders covering ransomware and other third-party data security threats" as well as cyber insurance "that provides coverage for data security breaches."
Interested candidates can apply here.
We couldn't obtain a pay scale but understand it to be competitive.